Los Angeles Nights

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I recently picked a used G3 from the FS forum and a used Olympus 17mm 1.8 lens. The G3's are so cheap nowadays, they're practically giving them away. It's probably the cheapest integrated EVF M43 body with a new-ish sensor you can get. Not the best in performance, but a solid camera for the price. Anyways, I decided to take it on a test spin around LA at night! It's not the best at high ISO, but there's a certain grit, sharpness and impreciseness I like about the camera. The AWB is wonky and metering tends to be a little off. I have my eye on the new GX7, but I'll probably wait for those to drop in price. :wink:

LA Chinatown at night:
    View attachment 298691

A shady corner:
    View attachment 298692

DTLA skyline:
    View attachment 298693

Clean sweep:
    View attachment 298694

A statue of Chang Kai-Shek:
    View attachment 298695

Closed Lavenderia:
    View attachment 298696

Disney Concert Hall...again:
    View attachment 298697

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    JF,
    Excellent shots as usual with your trademark post-processing :smile:

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    jonathon

you are making me 2nd homesick :) will probably be in LA late september... hope to catch up

K

4. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Is that G3 a keeper? Didn't you had one before :D nice shots, we should have another meet now that mr. Kevin is coming over this September.

5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    We should all meet, September I'll have lots of free time to hang out! I temporarily left M43 to try out the Nikon 1. Great system, but lacking above 800 ISO. This would make my 3rd G3! I think I'm going to hold out for a bit until I can get my hands on a well priced GX7. I think I could be happy with that body and the 17mm 1.8!

6. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Honestly I think BLX (Morten) has a more distinct PP technique than me! :wink:

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Ah yes Morten....If he doesn't watch it, his young daughter will surpass him in skill....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(Hope he doesn't mind me saying that) :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.