Los Angeles Nights

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I recently picked a used G3 from the FS forum and a used Olympus 17mm 1.8 lens. The G3's are so cheap nowadays, they're practically giving them away. It's probably the cheapest integrated EVF M43 body with a new-ish sensor you can get. Not the best in performance, but a solid camera for the price. Anyways, I decided to take it on a test spin around LA at night! It's not the best at high ISO, but there's a certain grit, sharpness and impreciseness I like about the camera. The AWB is wonky and metering tends to be a little off. I have my eye on the new GX7, but I'll probably wait for those to drop in price. :wink:

LA Chinatown at night:

A shady corner:

DTLA skyline:

Clean sweep:

A statue of Chang Kai-Shek:

Closed Lavenderia:

Disney Concert Hall...again:

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    JF,
    Excellent shots as usual with your trademark post-processing :smile:

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    jonathon

you are making me 2nd homesick :) will probably be in LA late september... hope to catch up

K

4. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Is that G3 a keeper? Didn't you had one before :D nice shots, we should have another meet now that mr. Kevin is coming over this September.

5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    We should all meet, September I'll have lots of free time to hang out! I temporarily left M43 to try out the Nikon 1. Great system, but lacking above 800 ISO. This would make my 3rd G3! I think I'm going to hold out for a bit until I can get my hands on a well priced GX7. I think I could be happy with that body and the 17mm 1.8!

6. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Honestly I think BLX (Morten) has a more distinct PP technique than me! :wink:

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Ah yes Morten....If he doesn't watch it, his young daughter will surpass him in skill....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(Hope he doesn't mind me saying that) :smile: