1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Los Angeles Flask Mob Photo Meet

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Jonathan F/2, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    On a whim, I attended the Los Angeles Flask Mob photo meet. It was also Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), so I figure it might make for an interesting evening. I shot everything with only the Olympus E-M10 and Panasonic 20mm 1.7 lens. Check it out!

flask_mob_01.

TKF19409.

flask_mob_11.

flask_mob_08.

flask_mob_10.

flask_mob_12.

flask_mob_13.

flask_mob_03.

flask_mob_06.

flask_mob_15.

flask_mob_17.

flask_mob_18.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Pablo

Pablo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2014
    Awesome shots! really (or seems to) gets the vibe.

3. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Fabulous shots. Great combo.

4. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    For those not familiar with Flask Mob, here's some info: http://thehundreds.com/flask-mob/

A couple impressions of the walk...it's definitely a younger crowd and probably not the types who hang out all day on techie forums, but probably more on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr where the social networking is priority. Anything goes, shoot however you like, it's really up to your own creativity. Everyone was very friendly and photography first oriented. You had tripods galore and you could just feel the enthusiasm for cameras and picture taking everywhere. In terms of cameras, I'd say APS-C cameras and fast primes were the most common setups I saw. I actually only noticed a few mirrorless shooters and quite a few film photographers. The one thing that grabbed me though is this feeling I got of photography at the urban grassroots. The joy of taking cool pictures was more important than anything technical is the vibe I got (though good technique was evident with all the 3 footed sticks and nifty-fifties being used). :smile:

BTW - There's a reason it's called "Flask" Mob. So I'll leave it at that. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    A couple more atmospheric shots from the event:

flask_mob_04.

flask_mob_02.

flask_mob_16.

6. marting24

marting24 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Martin Gonzalez
    A fellow Olympus user in the LA area? I hardly, if ever find Micro 4\3 shooters. We should meet up and go shoot! I almost went to flask mob but school is nailing me right now

7. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    My friend called me last minute, and I decided to check it out. I'm looking forward to the next LA Flask Mob meet. It's worth checking out just for the photo ops. I think next time I'll bring an actual flask to make the night even more enjoyable! :biggrin:

Ah...we do have a small, but dedicated crew of M43 shooters in LA! :wink: I'm always down to shoot, I know some of the other guys are itching to hit the streets as well!

Check out the mu-43 meet thread here:
    https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=39222