Loose lens hood (45mm f/1.8)

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Promit, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I have an eBay lens hood for the Oly 45mm that works very well, with one small issue: the lens hood clicks into place very loosely. It's not a problem while shooting but in a bag it tends to come off, especially when reverse mounted.

Anybody have a suggestion for how to get it to stay snug? I was considering adding a light touch of super-glue to the bayonet mount to try and beef up the stops that let it click into position.
  2. edmsnap

edmsnap Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I bought the JJC LH-37EP for mine because I found the Oly hood was loose and rattley as well. It's a smaller hood, but very nice, solid metal, and screws into the filter thread so it's completely stable. The one thing that annoys me is that it steps up the lens cap size (and I still haven't bothered to find out to what) so you have to buy another cap if you plan to leave the hood on full-time. But it only cost me $9.99 brand new on eBay, so I'm not complaining.
  3. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I have a screw in hood that is smaller than the JJC or Oly hood. It's from Rainbow Imaging on eBay. Works very well and is cheap.