1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

    If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking to get a filter holder for graduated filters, wny suggestion?

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by odsagn, Jul 13, 2011.

  1. odsagn

    odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

    May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hi guys, I'm getting more into landscape photography and need a filter holder system. I've seen products from Cokin and Lee but I'm not sure what will be adequate. Anyone care to enlighten me as to the basics of graduated ND filters?

    My current set up is an E-PL2 with the 14-42mm II kit lens and an OM 50mm 1.8

    I plan to buy the WCon-01, but that won't take a filter. Down the road I'll get the 9-18mm

    I was looking at this: Cokin Filter Holder

    I'm a novice here so any help would be great!

  2. jambaj0e

    jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

    Aug 31, 2010
    I have that for my neutral density filters. Works great! If you can get the graduated one, you can adjust where the gradation will begin, since the spring-loaded clip will hold it in place at whichever location you choose
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

    Ned Mu-43 Legend

    Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I think for graduated filters that the Cokin square filters are the only ones that make sense. ;) 
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.