Looking for the perfect strap

prophet

Mu-43 Regular
I am looking for straps for my E-PL7. I currently have a wrist strap from Gordy, which I like a lot. But here is the thing:

I found that most of the time I like wrist strap, and Gordy's is great for that. But sometimes, a neck strap would make sense, e.g. for street photography. Here's what would make a perfect strap setup for me:

- leather or canvas
- preferably from a small company
- easy to change between wrist and neck strap
- adjustable neck strap
- stylish
- not overly expensive

I totally dig Gordy's concept, but there are some things I dislike: the quick disconnect is too bulky, too many different parts that make noise. The adjustable neck strap is just too bulky and looks awkward. So I was wondering if there is a different manufactuerer that might fit the bill, or if any of you have ideas on how to work around Gordy's mentioned downsides?

prophet

Mu-43 Regular
I ended up buying the Peak Design Leash. I am not happy with the material (as it is all plastic and nothing natural), but the functionality is really great. Thanks.

Last edited:
Real Name
Andrew L
I have an Ona Lima for sale in the Buy/Sell forum, it hits some of your requirements and is pretty adjustable, but doesn't turn into a wrist strap. It's a nice strap, though, but I think lighter M4/3 bodies are somehow a little too light for it.

I'd like to try the Chrome Niko out: http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/accessories/niko-camera-strap I've handled it in their Portland store and it's surprisingly nice, the strap is very soft (not like seat belt strapping as it looks in the image), and the "seat belt" buckles are a lot smaller than you'd think. I really like Chrome gear.

ripleys baby

Part time philistine
Real Name
Forgot
I've actually ditched any kind of straps from my cameras .
How liberating it feels too .

Real Name
Walter
I never use neck straps anymore. Used them for years, often slung off the shoulder from where they're always slipping, threatening imminent disaster. Uncomfortable around the neck, especially when I had a heavy Canon 7D + zoom. I switched to the OpTech Utility Sling strap which was much more comfortable with the Canon. Very comfortable, very secure, and very adaptable. I've changed out the pad with one from their Classic Straps because the original pad was too big and heavy for my MFT gear. Was fine with the 7D. Love the stretchy pad. They have a lighter Mirrorless Sling strap, but I kept the Utility Sling because I have a bunch of compatible OpTech Uni-loop connectors. I also keep one of their SLR Wrist Straps on the camera full-time. I can use the camera with just the wrist strap, or clip it to the sling for all day carry. Not much leather, but that doesn't matter to me. The functionality is excellent and the modularity makes them very flexible.

http://optechusa.com/straps.html

RSilva

Mu-43 Regular
I am looking for straps for my E-PL7. I currently have a wrist strap from Gordy, which I like a lot. But here is the thing:

I found that most of the time I like wrist strap, and Gordy's is great for that. But sometimes, a neck strap would make sense, e.g. for street photography. Here's what would make a perfect strap setup for me:

- leather or canvas
- preferably from a small company
- easy to change between wrist and neck strap
- adjustable neck strap
- stylish
- not overly expensive

I totally dig Gordy's concept, but there are some things I dislike: the quick disconnect is too bulky, too many different parts that make noise. The adjustable neck strap is just too bulky and looks awkward. So I was wondering if there is a different manufactuerer that might fit the bill, or if any of you have ideas on how to work around Gordy's mentioned downsides?
www.shop.deadcameras.com ;), I can custom it for you with quick realease just P.M.

Latest threads

Top Bottom