1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Looking for rotational view software.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Wasabi Bob, May 15, 2013.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

I need to shoot a 360 degree series of photos around an object, and somehow create a Flash or ?? type file that would allow me to rotate around the object. Zoom would be a "plus". Anyone know of any such software?

2. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
  3. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Not sure if this would work

I knew of this software, but I'm not so sure it would work. The examples they show has the camera in one fixed location, where the subject is panned. This is kind of like standing in the middle of a circle, shooting outwards. I need to have the camera revolve around the subject. The reverse of their examples.

4. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    You're looking for QuickTime VR authoring software. Something like this company's model weaver: http://www.easypano.com/qtvr-authoring-software.html

5. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    You're looking for an object pano. The package I'd recommend looking at is Garden Gnome's Object2VR, since it can deliver in three different formats (Flash, HTML5, and QuicktimeVR). Given that Apple no longer supports QTVR, it's not everyone's first choice for delivery format these days.

You may also need to get a turntable.

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Microsoft ICE and photosynth also can do a "synth" instead of a pano which is what they call it. I use that for some new product shots so our far flung reps can get a virtual hands on the product.

[ame="http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=dd2398f2-de92-4f72-8bea-6b7b190cdb8c"]Here[/ame] is a crappy one for example.