1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Looking for review of Cotton Carrier Vest and the like

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TJC-MFT, Jul 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TJC-MFT

TJC-MFT Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Tom Cadwalader
    I am looking for a way to carry my OMD EM 1 and the 300 MM Pro while hiking. I am thinking of the Cotton Carrier Vest system, but I am open to other options like that. I have searched here and found one review, would like to here some more reports or other options.

2. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    For hiking, I think it would be a pain to have two layers of harnesses. Think about the scenario where you want to add / remove a layer as you get colder / hotter.

I used the Cotton Carrier Strapshot with a lighter lens, the 35-100/2.8, and enjoyed it. Whether it works well with the Olympus 300/4 PRO depends on your backpack and whether you keep enough load in the back to offset the weight of the lens.

Another possible advantage of the Strapshot is that you could buy two and have two bodies ready to go at chest height. The regular Cotton Carrier puts one mount point at the center of the chest, and the second camera is worn on the hip.

3. TJC-MFT

TJC-MFT Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Tom Cadwalader
    I took a look at the Strapshot. Looks promising, but not sure about using that with the 300mm attached.
    Might be worth trying if I could find one in a camera store and try before I buy?