Looking for MFT macro shooters

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by digitaldan1, Mar 15, 2013.

1. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I've been asked to write a column on macro photography using micro four thirds cameras for a friend's web site. While I have my own ideas for columns, I'm also interested in finding out what the MFT community is interested in learning and just getting to know my fellow macro enthusiasts better. In fact, I think profiling individual macro enthusiasts and their approaches to macro photography could be worth doing too.

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this message. If anyone has any suggestions for other places to post it, I'd appreciate it.

Dan

2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    • Like Like x 2
  3. digitaldan1

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks Savvy,

"stunning" might even be an understatement. I'll get in touch with him and hopefully he'll condescend to let me profile him. He could certainly teach me a thing or two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    I actually purchased an EP-2 body-only on Amazon specifically to do macro photography. This is my first plunge into photography, though I've grown up around shutter-bugs and married one. I chose micro four-thirds because I intended on adapting lenses.

There is a Volna-9 sitting in the mail room at my dorm, waiting for me to get back from spring break. I can't wait to dive into it!

5. digitaldan1

Mar 22, 2010
    Thanks for replying burdickjp. I'd be interested in hearing how your efforts go. It would be interesting to discuss beginner challenges and questions in the column, so anything you'd like to share would be welcome.

Where do you go to school?

6. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    I am a junior in Mechanical Engineering at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. My goal is more utilitarian than artistic, as I'm looking to take pictures of my engine work, but I'm looking forward to going out with the wife and having a camera of my own. Before I'd borrow one of her Rebels, and be stuck with whatever lens she didn't want to use. Now I have a camera and lenses of my own to do so with!
    Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful I can be, but I am at the very least excited to read the article.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    I love macro, and one of the big reasons I chose to buy my OMD a few days ago was because I could get a nice rebate on the excellent Oly 60mm macro lens. Also, the OMD and the lens being weather sealed is great for nature macro, which often requires one to be near water and other possible drips and drops.

I will definitely check out your column when you begin. Good luck!

EDIT: I think lighting options for macro work would be a great subject to cover.

• Like Like x 1