Looking for dedicated PP Forum

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Ian., Jan 6, 2014.

1. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I'm looking for an image post-processing forum in English on the internet that is one of the best. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the Mu43 site. But it's not meant to be dedicated to post processing and is not particularly busy. I will, of course, remain here for Mu43 topics.

Any help appreciated.

2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    hmm
    have you tried looking up "lightroom forum" or whatever software you use?

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  4. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I'm looking for general editing and PP and nothing specific to any program. I'm not interested in where some button is. I don't have Lightroom or PS.

5. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Fred Miranda

• Like Like x 1
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    photo.net ?

7. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks. I have been checking talkphotography PP forum for a few months now. But it is also quite sleepy. With most threads being software help questions rather than advanced PP discussions.
    I want to find the 'main' place. Where it's all happening.
    I will take a look at POTN though. Thanks.

9. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

There's a wealth of information on the POTN processing forum. The stickies alone would probably take several weeks to read through! Or one of the most popular non sticky threads, 'Show us your Raw conversions..' with a mere 6k posts :)

10. I've mostly relied on experimentation to learn processing, as well as the odd video on Lightroom and the Nik suite from Adobe, Nik, Scott Kelby, Serge Ramelli, etc. These often reveal small tips and tricks that aren't immediately obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Yes, Youtube is quite useful. But I'm looking for a forum. You can see if people know what they are talking about. And I can ask questions. The POTN PP forum had 25 posts in the last 24 hours. More than twice what other sites I've seen have.

12. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Don't know if it's active enough for you, but I've found Luminous Landscape to be the most intelligent and thoughtful photography forum on the web.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/

The have a section of PP forums.

13. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks. That PP one seems to get just 4 posts a day.
    Although they may be quality posts, with all the software questions siphoned off into to their individual software forums on the site.

14. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks. Looks busy.

15. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    Try cambridgeincolour.com It is very active and helpful with an emphasis on sharing and learning. Post in the Image Post Processing and Printing forum.

Dave