1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Looking for an E-M10 mkii user in Auckland

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Konkonkaos, May 19, 2016.

1. Konkonkaos

Konkonkaos New to Mu-43

May 19, 2016
    Gary
    Hi. I'm completely new to Olympus and have left behind my Nikon D7100to to go with an E-M10 mkii.

But some of the probably most simple menu functions, are driving me nuts. From the programmable buttons through to bracketing. Not intuitive and the manual doesn't help. I'd love a face to face with someone who can teach me some of the little user tricks. I'm in Auckland and can come to you. Meet at a cafe and the coffee and cake are on me. Just need maybe 30mins. Please PM me.

Option 2 is Skype to anyone in the world. But face to face is my preference.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks, Gary.

2. djtaylor7

djtaylor7 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2013
    Hi. I am in Nelson and use the E-M5 Mkii. I bought Darrell Young's Mastering the E-M5 Mkii and found it very good. Not available for the E-M10 Mkii but I expect there is a similar one. Does the E-M10 come with the SCP enabled? This is the first thing to switch on and to master. Good luck. David

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Mu-43 app

3. Konkonkaos

Konkonkaos New to Mu-43

May 19, 2016
    Gary
    Hi David

Thank you for the reply. Yes unfortunately there isn't an E-M10 book in his series. I did find a kindle book by WN Green, so I've grabbed that and will give it a go. I never seem to do well with instructional text, I can learn science, maths etc but not instructions.

Yes the SCP is enabled but there are some idiosyncrasies that I'm sure have simpler tips and tricks.

I'll give the book a go and let you know. Cheers. Gary.

4. allanb

allanb New to Mu-43

Jan 21, 2016
    Sydney, Australia

5. allanb

allanb New to Mu-43

Jan 21, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    David, in my previous post I should have separated out the 2nd paragraph as that was intended to be my own feedback to you.

6. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

In truth all Olympus camera within the Pen or OM-D group are extremely similar in operation, so most books should read across. I've owned both the E-M5 ii and the E-m10 ii, although currently with a Panasonic GX8. If you can get an E-M5 ii book it should cover 95% of the features.