Looking for an Adjustable Camera Strap without Connectors/Clips

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pykers, Oct 15, 2012.

1. pykers

pykers Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2012
    Hi all,

I really like the DSPTCH straps but I'm not a fan of the connector/clip system. I emailed them to see if they have or will have something similar without the connection/clip system...doesn't sound like that is an option from them at the moment.

Has anyone seen a similar strap without the connectors/clips? I like the DSPTCH straps for two reasons:

1. They have a clean look and basic colors. I don't want anything to bright or visually distracting.

2. The most important feature is the length adjustment. I like the fact that the overall length can be adjusted from 32" all the way out to 48". Having one strap that can be worn in multiple ways will make shooting much easier and more enjoyable for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if you have a DSPTCH strap and you think I'm worrying too much about the connectors/clips, I'd love to hear your feedback and experience using the strap.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I use a DSPTCH. Been using it for a few months, with a grip and long, heavy lenses (100-300, 75mm, 7-14), no problems or any fear of the connectors failing. I use it as a sling and I'm always tossing the camera behind my back, getting it out of the way.

The long adjustability of the DSPTCH is very nice and is something you just can't work-around.

3. pykers

pykers Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback Gary.

I may pick one up and give it a test run with my GF-1 before I strap it to the OM-D. While I love my GF-1, I'd rather see that take a dive than my new OM-D :smile:

Also, I'm pretty sure I can rig something to those clips to prevent them from unlocking as I'm looking for more of a permanent solution.
  4. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    Why not just make one exactly to your liking? Lots of webbing and lots of hardware easily available on the 'net. These folks: https://www.strapworks.com are not the cheapest but they have maybe the broadest single-source range of products. For M43, my experience is that even 3/4" webbing does not need additional wide padding. Our little cameras, even with the "big" lenses like the 100-300mm, just don't weight that much.

The little bit of sewing needed is easily done with a home sewing machine or even by hand. You can also rivet if you like, though you'll need a few inexpensive tools. [http://www.tandyleatherfactory.comhas the rivets and the tools.

I have also bought once from these guys: Plastic-Buckle.com and was very satisfied. The products are very inexpensive and their shipping (from China) is only USD3.50. It took about 10 days.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pykers

pykers Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2012
    Thanks oldracer! Strapworks.com looks pretty awesome. I have family members that are pretty good with a sewing machine...I may have design and make my own strap.