Looking for a Wide angle/macro combo for EPL1

Questionable Marie

New to Mu-43
I am looking for a good wide-angle/macro combo lens for the Olympus epl1. All of the reviews that I have found were disappointing as they seem to never match threads even when stated that they do. This camera is new to me so I am exploring the products available. Any suggestions would be researched and appreciated?

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
+1 for the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye. An ultra-versatile lens that does wide angle and close-focus very well. Unfortunately, because it's a fisheye, there's a lot of CA in macro shots which might not fit depending on what you want from a macro shot.

Beyond that it's a tough find to get a really wide angle lens that does macro; they're competing concepts. For less that $100, you could get the brilliantly amazing Canon FD 50/3.5 for macro work and a cheap lens like the Samyang for great wide angle.

You might also consider the Olympus 12-50mm kit which does macro and wide.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom