1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Looking for a good Teleconveter for my Oly 40-150mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by odsagn, Aug 4, 2011.

1. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Like so many here, I got in on the QVC deal for the m.zuiko 40-150mm. Before buying it I was looking at the other zooms with more reach. I figured to be more sensible, bought the lens and figured to try my hand at a Teleconveter.

primarily buying for a back country camping trip in a few weeks. I fear I'll get out there with the wildlife wishing I had more zoom.

I'll be using this on a E-PL2.

Can any one recommend a good T/C that doesn't degrade IQ significantly. Maybe its too much to ask.

Thanks!:thumbup:

2. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Bump!

3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I do not believe there are any for Micro Four-Thirds. Oly made some for Four-Thirds but they cannot be used with Micro Four-Thirds lenses. And they are expensive.

You will have to buy the longer Oly 75-300 or Panny 100-300 if you want longer reach.

Of get adapted telephotos. I have a 300mm Nikon and 400mm Tokina that work fine and likely provide better picture quality than a teleconverted zoom would at far less cost.

• Like Like x 1
  4. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    thanks Richard!

Didnt think about legacy lenses. Great suggestions! I'll check them out.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I use the Olympus teleconverter and all my lenses are either Four-Thirds or if they're SLR lenses they're adapted to Four-Thirds mount rather than Micro Four-Thirds. Only my rangefinder lenses are adapted directly to Micro Four-Thirds. I can use my Olympus teleconverters that way on all my glass, whether digital or legacy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.