1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Looking for a good Teleconveter for my Oly 40-150mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by odsagn, Aug 4, 2011.

1. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Like so many here, I got in on the QVC deal for the m.zuiko 40-150mm. Before buying it I was looking at the other zooms with more reach. I figured to be more sensible, bought the lens and figured to try my hand at a Teleconveter.

primarily buying for a back country camping trip in a few weeks. I fear I'll get out there with the wildlife wishing I had more zoom.

I'll be using this on a E-PL2.

Can any one recommend a good T/C that doesn't degrade IQ significantly. Maybe its too much to ask.

Thanks!:thumbup:

2. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Bump!

3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I do not believe there are any for Micro Four-Thirds. Oly made some for Four-Thirds but they cannot be used with Micro Four-Thirds lenses. And they are expensive.

You will have to buy the longer Oly 75-300 or Panny 100-300 if you want longer reach.

Of get adapted telephotos. I have a 300mm Nikon and 400mm Tokina that work fine and likely provide better picture quality than a teleconverted zoom would at far less cost.

• Like Like x 1
  4. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    thanks Richard!

Didnt think about legacy lenses. Great suggestions! I'll check them out.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I use the Olympus teleconverter and all my lenses are either Four-Thirds or if they're SLR lenses they're adapted to Four-Thirds mount rather than Micro Four-Thirds. Only my rangefinder lenses are adapted directly to Micro Four-Thirds. I can use my Olympus teleconverters that way on all my glass, whether digital or legacy.