Looking for a flah (Olympus OM-D EM-1)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Intxi, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Intxi

Intxi New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2014
    Hello,

I have an OM-D EM-1, and I'm looking for a flash, I've seen del Olympus FL-600, that it cost 350€, the Panasonic DMW-FL360L (250€), but I don't know if I could use it with my camera, and the Nissin i40 (220€). If I could use the Panasonic with the OMD, I think that it could be a good option.

What do you think?

Thank you

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    It all depends on whether you want to use the flash remotely with the line of sight TTL Olympus signaling.

If you do these are all ok choices or you could go with the older FL36R which has slower recharge but can be a lot cheaper ($125-150 USD).

If you just want to use it on the camera there are a lot of options - plain FL36 ($80), one of the Metz models, etc.

3. Intxi

Intxi New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2014
    So, the DMW-FL360L is compatible with the OM-D and have the same functions as FL-600?

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    .... why don't you download the owners manuals of both and compare for your self ?? .....

5. uberzone

uberzone Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    Olympus and Panasonic flashes are interchangeable and will work on either brand of camera. I use Olympus flashes on my Panasonic cameras only because they tended to be cheaper in the past. In the case of the FL-600 vs DMW-360l, they are the same flash, just branded differently. If you go back almost all of the flashes for 4/3 and m4/3 have Olympus and Panasonic versions that are identical.

6. hemuni

hemuni Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    If you don't like people asking questions, maybe a forum is not the best place to spend your time?

7. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    .... I see you contributed a lot of info to the OP's question ..... comparing features and spec's from the manuals is the best way to get accurate info of the products ....