1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Looking for a cheap micro 4/3 adapter for pentax lenses, help?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TheStephasaur, Mar 16, 2011.

1. TheStephasaur

TheStephasaur New to Mu-43

Mar 16, 2011
    I'm getting a Panasonic GH2 in the mail tomorrow and I'm wanting to use my old Pentax lenses with it. I have two lenses for my Pentax K1000 film camera. This is what the lenses say:
    SMC PENTAX-A 1:2.8 135mm
    SMC PENTAX-M 1:2 50mm

What type of adapter would I need for those lenses?
    Thank you!

2. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
  3. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    For convenience sake, I bought an Pentax K -> micro 4/3 adapter that was branded Fotodiox from Amazon for about $10US. While it isn't very upscale and fancy, it works well enough. I think it could be described as "cheap and cheerful", not as nice as the Novoflex adapters maybe. But for the money it's been nice enough, no problems with it so far.

4. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    The Novoflex adapters have two distinct advantages. First, they stop at infinity, rather than overshooting. This precision costs money, though.

Second, they have an aperture ring which actuates the little aperture control lever at the back of the lens. My only Pentax lens has an aperture ring of its own, so I didn't need that, but apparently there are lenses out there which are designed to be stopped down by the camera body alone.

The Fotodiox looks identical to my "Pixco" adapter. Same knurling for grip, same conical bayonet release knob. If you can get it as cheaply as $10, that's brilliant. I paid five times as much here in the UK.

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I've got the cheap and cheerful Fotodiox as well. It does have aperture control, but the aperture control ring does not inspire confidence - it's is kind of loose fitting. And it did nearly come apart in my hand once, which was fixed with a thorough tightening of the screws.

It has served my purpose but I wouldn't buy another one.

6. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I have the Rainbow Imaging PK adaptor, and a fotodiox Minolta MC/MD adaptor. Both do the job, no preference from me.
    Love the results from my 135/3.5 Pentax-M (among others), and the Rokkor 50/1.4.