1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Looking for a cheap medium format camera

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by greye05, Aug 31, 2012.

1. greye05

greye05 Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Aug 14, 2012
    Hello guys I'm interested in a medium format camera. I would like it to be really cheap in price :biggrin: and probable rusian. I think this cameras produce great great B&W and i would like to give them a try.
    Budget less than USD-100

2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I have a Yashica A. The optics, mechanical, and body are in exceptional condition. The camera has only been out of its case to change film. Magnifying the pixels on my hi-def monitor, the shooting lens exhibits no flaws. There are several dust spots through the viewing screen, but it is exceptionally clear, and far cleaner than most twin lens reflexes. This does not affect the images. The camera comes with a leather camera case in good condition. I'll enclose 5 rolls of good film too. $95 includes shipping and Paypal fees.

PM me for pictures if you are interested.

3. kmack

kmack Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jun 12, 2012
    You may want to spend a bit more and pick up a Bronica SQA or it's 645 cousin the ETRS.

Also don't overlook some of the Zeiss folders. A good condition 515 can produce some beautiful images.

I'd stay away from most of the FSU cameras they will just end up breaking your heart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. greye05

greye05 Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Aug 14, 2012
    Mamiya look super but they are super expensive for me. I'm a college student so money is really an issue i have to watch out how much i spend if i want to eat hahahaha.

5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    When I was in college I used the Mamiya TLRs. You can get bodies and lenses relatively cheap. I also owned the Kiev 60 as well and though they're available cheaper I preferred the Mamiya cameras.

If you don't mind not having interchangeable lenses I agree the Yashica TLR would be your best bet.

6. melonbread

melonbread Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 27, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Jannette
    I have a yashica mat 124g that I fixed up and refurbished and its absolutely lovely - you should look at the TLR's if you have a chance - it's great for street photography as nowadays no-one knows what you're doing, and people actually come up to you asking to check out the camera haha.