1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lookie here what I just ordered!!!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by LowriderS10, Jul 3, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    From B&H...

Order Details

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens (Black)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So, I've decided to sell my entire Canon kit...one of the last reasons I kept that kit was because of the stellar 135L f2 lens...BUT...then I started reading more and more about the Olympus 75 f1.8, and decided to sever all ties with the DSLR world for the time being...the 135L will sell for roughly the same amount as the O75 will cost me. Since the black isn't available in Korea, I'm having it sent to a friend's parents' place and she's bringing it back at the end of July...just days before I leave for Switzerland...I may not take it with me (and just take a 45mm)...but either way...I'm soooo stoked! :D

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    LowRiderS10 - Congratulations!

:dancingparty:

Of course now you're obligated to post photos when the lens arrives!

Regards,

Jim

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks!! I'm super stoked...I don't think I've *EVER* seen a product as universally praised as this lens...honestly I was keeping my 5D Mark II kit because of the 135L, and this lens convinced me to go all in with M4/3...it better live up to the hype! ;)

4. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Ah, the 135L still gives me the warm and fuzzies...

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    You shoot that puppy once before departing and, guaranteed, you'll be bringing it. :dancingparty:

6. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Shhhh!!! You're not helping!! ;) Haha just kidding...it's a superb lens, that's for sure!

Haha...that's what I'm afraid of! I kind of want to take the lightweight 45...then again, the 75 is still less than half the weight of the 135L!

7. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    I've contemplated giving up my 7D but I just don't think I'll ever get out of the DSLR world. I'm beginning to think I'm scitsoid!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

8. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I used to think so as well...but lugging a DSLR setup around the world, being noticed everywhere (and consequently worrying that someone will take it into his head to steal it), filling up half a backpack that's supposed to hold everything I need for a month with bulky camera gear...at one point I just realized that it wasn't the way to go. Especially with the image quality out of the OM-D. I've got some really high-end Canon stuff to sell (5D Mark II, 135L, 16-35L II, plus a Tamron 70-300 VC USD and the Canon 40 Pancake)...which means I'll make enough money off of it to cover everything I could ever want for the OM-D (9-18, 45, 75, and possibly a pancake later down the road), and still have money left over. Overall, I'm much happier with the OM-D... :)

9. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    My wife is constantly on my case about my honking big lenses when we go out of town. If I didn't like air shows so much I might consider giving it a go without all the stuff.

10. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Ah yeah, that's a big one! Thankfully I don't shoot anything that moves or anything that's far away, so all the main advantages of a DSLR are utterly lost on me haha...

11. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    The only lenses that would bring me back to FF would definitely be the 135L or 85L II, or Sigma 35...

12. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Yeah, those are all great pieces of glass...the first two have their own shortcomings, though...the 135L on an unstabilized body can be challenging in low light, the 85L II needs to be stopped down to truly shine (as does the 50L)...the 35, on the other hand, seems to be an all-out winner...but it's a brick! There are rumours of a Sigma 135 1.8 OS coming, but it's going to be big and heavy...still...if it's as good optically as the 35, Sigma will have another all-out winner on their hands.

13. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Ah...this is going to kill me! I just got the email from B&H saying it's been shipped...but my friend isn't coming back to Korea 'till the end of the month...it'll be sitting there in her house taunting me!!! :)

14. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Just have her send it via EMS or something...it should arrive to you in 4-5 days :biggrin:

It's cheap too :D

15. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I can't...that's the whole reason I'm getting it through her...Korea is BRUTAL with customs...if it was sent by mail, they'd likely slap a 30% duty on it...but if you bring it with you, they don't care...

16. monk3y

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    wow that sucks :eek:

I have never been charged with almost anything I had shipped here in Japan as long as I had it shipped via EMS or ordinary post.

I once had a laptop LCD shipped from Taiwan via FEDEX and I got slapped a $12 tax... still cheap though :biggrin:

17. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    The 75 Club

Lowriders10,

Congrats on joining the throng of 75 owners, I have had mine (silver version but what is in a colour...........jealousy) since April and it is a stunning lens that delivers in every sense and it is in my view even better than the 85mm Nikon I had with my full frame kit (before trading it all in for OMD kit).

I am sure you will not be dissapointed but if using it with OMD, it balances a lot better if you have the grip+battery pack on - great, fast, sharp lens with beautiful bokeh.

The_model.

Fragile.

She_with_Cilla.

Stall_holder.

18. monk3y

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    haha nice way to torture him Ian... :2thumbs::biggrin:

19. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Lowriders10, I am so jealous!!! :hissy:

20. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    That first one is incredible. I've got to buckle down and learn PSE.