Longevity of the Panasonic Articulated Screen

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Luckypenguin, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Just curious to know if anyone has experienced any loosening or wear of the hinge or clips on any of the Panasonic cameras that feature the articulated screen. I wonder if the screen on my GH1 might loosen up over time if used excessively.
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Not here. Been using my G1 and GH1 just about since they were launched with no articulating screen issues. Only issue I've run into so far with either camera has been with the lug on the GH1. Otherwise both are rock-solid.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Not Panasonic, but the articulated screen on my ancient Canon G2 camera is still going strong.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2012
    Lancs., UK
    +1 on the Canon G2...so if the Panny one is even half as strong it should be ok
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    That's a pretty long-standing and established design - I'd be surprised if there were any problems with it barring really extreme treatment. I don't personally prefer those types of screens, but fears of poor durability has never been any part of my preference for different types of screens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. azngigolo64

azngigolo64 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    I bought a used G3 a few months ago and have no issues with the articulating lcd hinge. It's pretty awesome for some shots but I can definitely see myself accidentally breaking it somehow...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Getting close to ten months with my G3. I move the screen a lot. No hint of any wear so far.
    • Like Like x 1