Long time lurker jumping aboard

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rallyroo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm a long time lurker that finally registered. I'm about to jump aboard the m43 platform.

I'm getting tired of lugging my dSLR + len arsenal while travel backpacking & backcountry backpacking and am ready to lighten the load. I won't sell off the dSLR (Yin). With the addition of the m43 (Yang) will complete the Yin and Yang of my photography gear for harmonious balance.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Welcome Rallyroo! Still hanging on to my DSLR too but getting closer all the time to letting it go.
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome! Now you just need to choose which m4/3 camera you want to buy. Good luck...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Welcome! I wouldn't be too sure about hanging on to all your heavy DSLR stuff once you get into m4/3. I sold most all my Nikon gear includig lots of lenses, keeping only a D-80 for who knows why. For me, clearly the future is in these smaller systems.
  5. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I have a couple of friends that have sold off their entire Canon and Nikon set ups and got one of the first m43 cameras. They were early adopters and they're still happy. I wanted to wait for the m43 system to mature.

I'll hang onto my dSLR for the possible trip to say the Galapagos, Antarctica, or a safari in Africa in which the scale will probably favor the dSLR again.
  6. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm leaning toward the Olympus E-P3 right now. August 2011 here I come.
  7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I took a break from my DSLRs when I wore out my last pro shutter, and started shooting exclusively with my PEN backup body. After a while, I simply lost my inkling to go back to the DSLR. I still use the same lenses on my PEN as I was using on the DSLR.
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

aye mate welcome here. EP3 or G3 sound pretty neat at the moment. I hope you can get one soon.