1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Long time lurker jumping aboard

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rallyroo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm a long time lurker that finally registered. I'm about to jump aboard the m43 platform.

I'm getting tired of lugging my dSLR + len arsenal while travel backpacking & backcountry backpacking and am ready to lighten the load. I won't sell off the dSLR (Yin). With the addition of the m43 (Yang) will complete the Yin and Yang of my photography gear for harmonious balance.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome Rallyroo! Still hanging on to my DSLR too but getting closer all the time to letting it go.

3. Welcome! Now you just need to choose which m4/3 camera you want to buy. Good luck...

• Like Like x 1
  4. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Welcome! I wouldn't be too sure about hanging on to all your heavy DSLR stuff once you get into m4/3. I sold most all my Nikon gear includig lots of lenses, keeping only a D-80 for who knows why. For me, clearly the future is in these smaller systems.

5. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I have a couple of friends that have sold off their entire Canon and Nikon set ups and got one of the first m43 cameras. They were early adopters and they're still happy. I wanted to wait for the m43 system to mature.

I'll hang onto my dSLR for the possible trip to say the Galapagos, Antarctica, or a safari in Africa in which the scale will probably favor the dSLR again.

6. Rallyroo

Rallyroo Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm leaning toward the Olympus E-P3 right now. August 2011 here I come.

7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I took a break from my DSLRs when I wore out my last pro shutter, and started shooting exclusively with my PEN backup body. After a while, I simply lost my inkling to go back to the DSLR. I still use the same lenses on my PEN as I was using on the DSLR.

9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

aye mate welcome here. EP3 or G3 sound pretty neat at the moment. I hope you can get one soon.

icon