1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Long-time lurker from Marylans switching to mu43!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by OldSchool, Aug 5, 2012.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2012
    Long time film cam user, did a little bit of DSLR, contemplated 4/3 format but did not like the size. I am now convinced that micro 4/3 is the way to go, after a long-time lurking here as as well as reading other online sites.

I am still struggling between Oly and Pany: like Oly for its jpeg IQ and IBIS to use with my legacy MF lenses; like Pany for its articulated finder, higher ISO and better video. Will likely ended up with one from each. Don't know which one to get first though.
    Max

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome!

3. OldSchool

OldSchool New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2012
    Thanks, WT!

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum Max!

5. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Welcome Max. As on owner of both systems, I'll tell ya it's hard to go wrong. Both systems have their merits, but in the end the glass is what counts. Each manufacturer make some excellent glass and even the first generation bodies can take advantage of them.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 Absolutely. Both offer fine cameras. Welcome!

7. OldSchool

OldSchool New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2012
    Thanks, Guys. Just got an E-PL2 with a kit lens to try first. Looking to get a G2 or something similar soon. Ordered adopters for Nikon and Canon MF lenses (got bunch of them from film days). Still don't know yet what native lenses I have have (Pany or Oly) that would work best for both Pany and Oly bodies. The only native prime lens for me would be a wide as any of the legacy lenses would not be a wide angle anymore. I have plenty of legacy telephotos.

8. tubedriver

tubedriver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Shaun
    Welcome, Old School. I trust that you will enjoy being a member with us. I look forward to seeing your work soon from those legacy lenses.