1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Long-time durability of Nissin Di466 flash unit

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by stratokaster, Jun 26, 2013.

1. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Nissin Di466 is still one of the most inexpensive TTL flashes for Micro 4/3. I bought one almost 2 years ago and it served me well.

The flash itself is still working, however, the battery holder completely self-destroyed. The plastic it's made of just started to crumble and now batteries don't stay put.

I wonder if other owners of this flash had the same experience.

2. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Should be covered by the warranty. I thought Nissins have a 2 or 3 year warranty, but I only had one for a week before returning it for a swivel flash. I loved the battery cartridge. So convenient. I wouldn't worry about durability though. It's just a hunk of plastic with a few wires in it. There could have been a bubble in the plastic, or maybe a hairline crack. Maybe you used it more than they intended.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Mine is still in great shape... but I never use it, didn't like TTL over manual so I use the higher powered, cheaper YN560's. Except for the rare situation when TTL is easier. I should just sell the thing.

If I remember you can just buy new battery holders. Actually, I thought that was one of the good selling points, load up an extra in the morning, pop it in when the first goes down, go. I'd contact them and see if they would just send you the new insert.