1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Long time 4/3 user, first time on here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DarthBalls, Sep 3, 2011.

1. DarthBalls

DarthBalls New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2011
    Hi, I'm another new member from (near) Glasgow.

I got a G1 with 14-45mm about 18 months ago and added a 20mm f1.7 to replace my Sony A100 with 24mm lens as a 'walkabout' camera/lens combo. I used the 20mm probably 95% of the time but still wanted something more portable. A mint condition EP-1 with 14-42 came up on eBay for £200 and I sold the G1 and 14-45 to a colleague.

Having image stabilisation with on the f1.7 is great and, in my hands anyway, overcomes any additional shake from not having a view finder. The very wide angle of view of the EP-1 screen means I don't actually miss the flip-out screen either - it works almost as well for low down and overhead shots. More importantly the image quality is great and it fits in my jacket pocket. I also bought a Metz AF-24 for Pan/Oly flash and also have an AF-48 with Pan/Oly fitting that can use.

My other camera is a Sony A700 with Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Minolta 50 f1.7, Tamron 90mm Macro and Tamron 17-50 f2.8. The Sony shares the same tank-like build quality (if not the style) of the EP-1. I also have a Minolta Dynax 4 35mm SLR.

My wife actually has the more interesting camera and lens collection 2 x Praktica Super TLs (M42 mount): Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm, Sigma 16mm f2.8, Paragon 200mm, Asahi Super Takumar 55mm f2, Mamiya Sekor 28mm f2.8. She also has an Olympus 35ED rangefinder with fixed 38mm f2.8 which is almost like a film version of my EP-1 with 20mm.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    intro and no first pics?! ;D hehehe
    welcome aboard! looking forward to seeing pics from you and mebbe yer wife it looks like!
    ill be getting that yummy 20mm soon!
    weve got a whole thread based on just pics that were taken with it.. its got.... um... a lot of posts! join in! :)

3. DarthBalls

DarthBalls New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2011
    Hi - yeah, a bit remiss without the images. I'll need to get some out of Lightroom once I finish the last wedding I did.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, Darth!

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome Darth!

7. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Welcome Darth

8. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Well, welcome aboard, Darth. I'm sure you will find mu-43 to be one of the most friendly, helpful and non-judgemental sites around. We have members from all over the world with every level of experience. And we don't tend to get into arguments. You've come to the right place. Now, jump right in... the water's fine!

9. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome Sir. :cool:

10. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Yes, Darth,
    even though we all have different ideas, this forum is so great. Nice people, great moderators, and good constant discussion.
    Kindest regards from Australia.
    Cheers
    DUD:smile: