Long exposures at the beach

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Kiwi Paul, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I went to the beach today and took some long exposure shots with the GH3, 12-35 and B&W 10 stop ND.
    I' really pleased with these, the B&W filter has no colour cast at all and I set the GH3 to use Long Shutter Noise reduction and this has worked well, the photos are clean as can be. Most were around 5 ,6, 7 secs although I did take one at 25 secs and it still came out fine.
    All RAW and processed in LR5.
    I must admit the GH3 is a camera I've really developed a lot of respect for, it truly is a great camera.

Comments welcome :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    wonderful set!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    Nice shots, Paul. 25 seconds wouldn't be asking a lot of a modern sensor like the GH3. It is painful waiting for the noise reduction to do its job, but worth the wait.
  4. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    They look great. I have been suprised at how much silkiness the ocean can get even off of a 2-3sec shot, much less a 25sec.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    These are fantastic Paul! I'm envious. I just went on vacation and forgot all my filters at home in a drawer. I really wanted to do some ND filter long exposure beach shots.

I guess I'll have to just make another trip :smile:
    • Like Like x 1