Long Beach, Ben Boyd National Park

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, Oct 23, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I have been to much longer beaches than Long Beach - after all this is only 3 km long while the beach (Hayward's Beach) out the back door of my sister's place where I am staying on my holiday is 6 km long. See Camel Rock, Bermagui.

Long Beach is in Ben
    Boyd National Park just north of Eden on the South Coast of New South Wales (Australia).

This is a very rare one for me, being at a beach to take photos in the middle of the day.

All shots taken with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens.

The first 3 are from the northern end of the beach and the last shot which is a spot known as 'Pinnacles' is a weathered gully of the southern end.

5106236339_5f86364939_b.

Long Beach (1) by peterb666, on Flickr

5106833428_09b320ce86_b.

Long Beach (2) by peterb666, on Flickr

5106833204_8176398716_b.

Long Beach (3) by peterb666, on Flickr

5106833876_346ffe7d72_b.

Long Beach (4) by peterb666, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Wow, beaches in the middle of the day with no one on them, count your blessings, here in the UK they would have been overrun with adults, children and dogs by mid morning. A very tropical look to those pictures, thanks Peter.

Barrie

3. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    There are 2 people fishing half-way along the beach near the rocks that almost split the beach. They just look like two dots in picture #3. As I was leaving, they left as well but 5 others came to the beach so it got quite 'crowded'.

This is a fairly remote location off the main road and you have to walk through tick infested bush to get there. I scored a tick. If you are unfamiliar with these creatures, they are blood-sucking insects distantly related to spiders.

4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I can see that walking would deter visitors, as for ticks my good photographic friend Adrian Davies contracted Lyme's disease last year and I've seen the photographic evidence, not pleasant..

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  5. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Sorry to hear that. From what I understand, it isn't exactly a barrel load of fun.

There is some debate here whether Lyme disease can be caught from Australian ticks or not as the strains of the Lyme disease bacteria in North America or Europe aren't present in ours but there may be similar bacteria. The tick paralysis is the main problem here and it is a big killer of domestic pets.

• Like Like x 1