Lone Pine, Death Valley and more

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
If you visit Death Valley again, I recommend driving Titus Canyon. Spectacular views. Be aware it is a dirt road, and may be dicey. Although I have survived the drive in a Civic, I definitely preferred my other drives through Titus in a car with higher clearance.
I forgot about that one. Surprised you made it in a Civic as the last part of that one-way road gets gnarly.

Death Valley also has Scotty's Castle (Might still be closed due to the flash flood a couple of years ago.), the Ubehebe Crater, and the dirt road down to The Racetrack where the large rocks get blown around on the clay dry lake and leave tracks. We exited The Racetrack on the east side into Saline Valley and that road was a rocky mess. We were in a Toyota Land Crusier and I got out and walked thinking the thing was about to roll off the cliffs. Ranger who came up it lied when he told us, "It's a virtual freeway on Friday and Saturday nights." He had winches all over his truck too.

Fwiw, Bodie State Park holds a lot of photo seminars and some are over-nighters for shooting the Milky Way. Lots of Youtube videos on it too.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I forgot about that one. Surprised you made it in a Civic as the last part of that one-way road gets gnarly.

Death Valley also has Scotty's Castle (Might still be closed due to the flash flood a couple of years ago.), the Ubehebe Crater, and the dirt road down to The Racetrack where the large rocks get blown around on the clay dry lake and leave tracks. We exited The Racetrack on the east side into Saline Valley and that road was a rocky mess. We were in a Toyota Land Crusier and I got out and walked thinking the thing was about to roll off the cliffs. Ranger who came up it lied when he told us, "It's a virtual freeway on Friday and Saturday nights." He had winches all over his truck too.

Fwiw, Bodie State Park holds a lot of photo seminars and some are over-nighters for shooting the Milky Way. Lots of Youtube videos on it too.
I was very happy to make it out alive in my wife's civic. I think the specific conditions depend on what the last rains decided to do, but I definitely wouldn't want to do it again in a low clearance sedan.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom