London weekend

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Danny_SWE, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    This easter I was on a trip to London, four days. To see a musical and to see a fantastic town I only have passed several times but never been in :) I have been on Ireland, and all over England, Scotland, but never in London. Now was the time!

26089198825_864eeb3f87_c.
    London - Big Ben
    by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

I saw the musical Thriller at West Est (Lyric Theatre) and also visited London Zoo, British Museum, Tower of London, Brixton, Hyde Park, Heron Tower. Walked the streets and along Thames also.

26157528155_7ae784d8d6_c.
    London - West End

It was a fantastic experience, so much to see! There are things everywhere, like walking around in a big museum :) you have to plan you trip a little if you don't wanna get lost in all there is. Will definitely go back and explore more and enjoy the big city pulse :)

26030300691_99cf571037_c.
    London - Street walking B&W

26004473972_f1e27bb090_c.
    London - Panoramic view

26111150892_a6d7d25911_c.
    London - Panoramic view 2

26157528935_d52efa32ee_c.
    London - Arts of buildings

26177693196_7f4471fb0c_c.
    London - Buildings

26065064442_b08aa5870b_c.
    London - Soldiers of the wall

26131581616_e9e6d0e60e_c.
    London - Groupie

25552759624_471ae7bb20_c.
    London - Oxford Circus Station

26111150532_4d50cca8de_c.
    London - Brixton alleys

25598845714_601d99d929_c.
    London - Brixton - David Bowie memorial

/addition:

Could add links with shots from London Zoo and butterflies therein.
    Zoo
    At The Zoo - Any Zoo with Any Camera
    Butterflies
    At The Zoo - Any Zoo with Any Camera

One thing about gear used. Every shot * is from my E-M5 with only the 20/1.7 pancake. Haven't used it so much lately but when I bought the camera I only purchased the body with this lens. Had it for half a year or so before buying another lens. I could really live with using this FoV only. Just wished it was faster AF.
    (* Besides from the two tower views when I used the 14/2.5 pancake and on the zoo in the posts on the links when using the 60/2.8 macro along the 20/1.7).

I could also mention that since it was on easter holiday I was expecting a whole lot of easter decorations everywhere. But it was very rarely you saw something, besides from easer cup cakes and such :) funny because in Sweden we have alot of decorations. I don't miss it so much though, just a funny note.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    15 years ago, I used to be one of those people in that second photo, walking past Oxford Circus everyday on my way home from work. I can see you had a wonderful time there, as reflected in the photos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    there are really ALOT people in that city :) when going on cummuting time it is like buzzing people all over. Interesting feeling :) like when I came to Picadilly Circus on Good Friday day. It was much people around those areas. The metro was fantastic, you could go down there and travel across the town in no time comparing to the street transportations. I hear many people going to the pub after work to just enjoy and wait until the traffic has settled a little :)

Yes it was sure a wonderful time! Can't understand I haven't been there before since it so close and quite cheap to get there from Sweden.

4. OlyRobles

OlyRobles Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    Paso Robles
    Mark
    My wife spent time in London and loved it...I need to get over there. Thanks for sharing these nice shots. EM5 and 20/1.7 is a great combo...always surprises me how good. Did you use some of the art filters in the above shots?

5. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Great pictures Danny. You really managed to capture the "vibe" of the city IMO. My wife and I went to London for our honeymoon last year, and I fell in love with the city (she had lived and worked there one summer while attending university). I was really amazed at how great the city was. Getting around via the tube was great, I always felt safe, and like you said, there's just so much to do.

My wife and I are trying to figure out where we want to go for our next vacation, and while I hate to go to the same place twice, we both loved London so much that it's definitely on the list again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Nice shots...but I can't tell if my hangover is gone...is the photo of Big Ben ever so slightly leaning toward the right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Great pictures! thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Thanks, nice to hear. Well, I don't use filters in the camera. Capture in raw and then some creative postprocessing, mostly with LR-plugins. Perfect Effects is a favourite. I'm not sure I've overused such tools though. Bad habit when sitting by the computer and pull the handles :)

9. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    nice said, apreciate, thanks!

I could recommend Sweden then! ;) (in summertime)

10. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    you're right. It could be my hangover :) tried to straighten it and spent some time getting it correct, I felt like I had to stop somewhere. But I guess I should have spent a little more time: ) well, it's much better than the original where it REALLY leans to the right.

11. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    What a surprise seeing this thread featured. It made my week! Thanks all! It's because of you all nice guys it feels extra inspiring to grab the camera

• Like Like x 1
  12. berkshiregrl

berkshiregrl Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2011
    Berkshires
    Peg
    You really make me want to visit. And you had sun! I've never been to London but it's on my list. You captured it beautifully.

• Like Like x 1