London Camera Exchange finally pushing mirrorless

Andym72

Mu-43 Veteran
I know many people have been to the London Camera Exchange store on The Strand in central London and seen they have plenty of m43 gear, but outside London, at my local store it was almost as though only Canikon DSLRs existed....

... until this week, when I noticed this. This shelf is at eye level:

IMG_0389.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Olympus gear had taken over the shop window (the shelf continued to the left with more lenses and the E-PL7). The Nikon gear was relegated to the higher shelf that is more out of view, and the Canon gear was nowhere to be seen.

Finally, Olympus sales teams are making inroads with stores (London Camera Exchange is about the last camera store left, although the new owners of the Jessops brand seem to be expanding again).

Levster

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought my first mu43 camera from LCE over 4 years ago, I picked up a G1 with 14-45mm kit zoom from the Portsmouth store. My store has always had a few bodies and a couple of lenses but they only seemed to stock the low-end gear. I'm surprised to see the EM-1 stocked and at a reasonably competitive price!

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
I bought my first mu43 camera from LCE over 4 years ago, I picked up a G1 with 14-45mm kit zoom from the Portsmouth store. My store has always had a few bodies and a couple of lenses but they only seemed to stock the low-end gear. I'm surprised to see the EM-1 stocked and at a reasonably competitive price!

I bought my EM5 from LCE in Bath a couple of years ago. They always seem to have some m4/3 stuff in the window whenever I pass by. I've had stuff from Bristol as well..

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Wow, just looking at that shop window gives me a kind-of nostalgic feeling. Small lenses, small bodies, angular style.
A time when film cameras were small and not the big bulbous motor drive machines that dominated the pro-market before digital SLRs came along.

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Funny - I noticed a similar thing in an LCE in Bristol the other day! Can't say if it's a change though - don't pass it often enough.

Latest threads

Top Bottom