Lock the zoom ring on your 12-40.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Dave in Wales, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    I use one of those on my 50-200mm for when I am NOT shooting. It keeps the lens from extending when you are walking around with it hanging down. :)
  3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    I want to throw one of those on the MF clutch to keep from knocking it out of AF into MF. LOL.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    No issues with focal lengths changing on me, but the AF/Manual clutch - can't wait for the 4.0 firmware.
  5. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I think the most striking thing about the picture is the condition of both the camera and lens, makes me feel a shameful at the condition of mine when I've shown it in pictures.
  6. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    Does the 43's 50-200 suffer from zoom creep? Please advise as I am thinking of getting this lens (heard it was a great lens on the E-M1) ?
  7. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Mine does. I have the original version, not the SWD version. But yes, walking around with the lens hanging down it will slowly creep out. One of those bands does the trick.

Aside from that slight annoyance, one of my all time favorite lenses and currently using it on my E-M1 with excellent results. This was the lens that kept me in the 4/3rds world. I wasn't willing to jump to u43 without something equivalent. Finally when the E-M1 came out and learned I could continue to use this lens (with full AF abilities), I made the switch.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1