Local Architectural Abstracts

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Laserguy, Apr 15, 2010.

1. One of my favorite pasttimes of late has been wandering around the town where I live (Greenbelt, MD) with my dog, taking pictures of whatever catches my eye. This has resulted in a large number of pseudo-macro photos of flowers and a large number of pretty abstract pictures of the local architecture, such as these. The reactions of my wife and friends (and my Flickr stats) seem to indicate that I should take more photos of my pets instead. Nonetheless, I really enjoy taking them, so I thought I'd share a few of them here.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement are more than welcome, and I'd love to see photos other people have taken in the same vein.

Attached Files:

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Laserguy, I also enjoy "architectural abstracts" very much. I've never quite thought of calling them that, but that's a good description. Back in my film days this was mostly what I shot.

I particularly like the one with the sculpture and the last one, though they're all done very well.

Believe it or not, I've been kind of doing this sort of things with my dogs and cats - hard to believe but the abstract nature of light and shadow can even include animals.

Keep doing what you enjoy the most. Thanks so much for these!:thumbup: You might even consider posting larger sizes by embedding your photos from Flickr, which if you're unclear about the method is described in the Housekeeping forum right here: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=316 I like to see photos in a larger size so I can appreciate them more completely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the suggestion! Let me try embedding...

4415231921_b3af202c2c_b.

4415228583_36c6276fff_b.

4409765599_2d1303af59_b.

4509078695_8fa0de4a08_b.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Much better - now I can see the details! Your photos have super color and are really well exposed - white balance, details all great! Now I can easily say that I seriously think they're all great - gotta love that blue!:2thumbs: The details and color in the brick building's window and the step flashing is very cool, too.

Major improvement to see them this way, Laserguy.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ian_Holmes

Ian_Holmes Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2010
    Minnesota
    I like those.
    "Architectural Abstracts" I'll have to remember that.
    I'll be doing some of that.
    Thanks for the inspiration

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I like the one with the statue. I am drawn to the way you have put the edge of the statue with his wonky face right on the edge of the image. It kinda tells a story.
    Nice.

icon

• Like Like x 1