COMPLETED LNIB Benro Travel Angel Tripod & B-0 Ball Head

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by oldracer, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Benro Travel Angel TRAB169 Kit. Manufacturer's pages here: | TRAB169 – Cat. 458-169 and here: | B0 – Cat. B0 (This kit's plate does not have bubble level shown on the mfgr. page.) The product's two main features are the way the legs fold up over the column and head to minimize folded length and the professional ball head with separate adjustments for pan, drag, and clamp.

This tripod and head are absolutely LNIB. Everything is there and nearly perfect. Box, papers, padded zipper case, ... everything. The only thing you can look at that shows use is the screw on bottom of the tripod plate. It shows a little tiny distortion where a coin was used to tighten it. Nothing special, just the kind of mark that any tripod plate screw will have.

Folded, this is a small and very portable tripod:

[​IMG]

(No, the camera is not included! It's just included for scale.)

Here is a pretty comprehensive review: Review: Benro Travel Angel Tripod (Professional Photographer Magazine Web Exclusives) About his only complaint seems to be that the Arca Swiss plate screw needs an Allen wrench. Apparently Benro listened, because the one I am selling has a straight screwdriver slot in addition to the Allen head commonly used on Arca Swiss plates.

Note: This kit appears to have been replaced by this one: | A1690TBH0 – Cat. A1690TBH0 which includes a much cheaper ball head and adds 1 1/2" to folded height. Not an improvement, but selling at a cheaper price.

The reviewer says he paid $231 for his tripod. B&H Photo has the the A1690TBH0 kit at $179. You can read the reviews there, too. One guy didn't like the head, but remember that he got the cheaper BH-0 head, not the B-0.

$125 plus shipping, plus $4 PayPal vig if you want to pay it. Mailing me a money order or a personal check is fine, too. I am in the US.

2. DJSponge

DJSponge Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Apr 27, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Why are you selling? Any issues in use with GH-2?

3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Complicated story. Short version is that I ended up with too many tripods, ending up with a $375 carbon Benro that includes a monopod feature. So now I don't need this one.
    I don't know why there would be. The quick release place works fine on my G1 and does not interfere with the battery door. That's about the only potential issue I can think of. I assume the GH-1 is the same bottom layout.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It clears on a G3, so it has to clear on the larger bodies.

5. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Sold. Thanks all for your interest. Don't you need a monopod, too? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.