Lizards, snakes, toads, frogs, turtles and other reptiles & amphibians

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No idea of what species this Australian reptile this is.

View attachment 801268
Lots of them in my yard at the moment, but hard to get a nice shot of them like you have here.

I found one in one of our labs at work that had crawled inside a insect trap that very sticks insides. the poor thing got itself completely stuck down head and all. It took us nearly half hour to extract it whithout tearing its skin off extracting it. Then had to put talk powder on it so it would not stick to itself. We then put it in a box for half a day for the residue to dry out a bit before letting it go.

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Lots of them in my yard at the moment, but hard to get a nice shot of them like you have here.

I found one in one of our labs at work that had crawled inside a insect trap that very sticks insides. the poor thing got itself completely stuck down head and all. It took us nearly half hour to extract it whithout tearing its skin off extracting it. Then had to put talk powder on it so it would not stick to itself. We then put it in a box for half a day for the residue to dry out a bit before letting it go.
Well done and a great story with conscience

I had the same thing happen where I used to work. I hate those sticky traps, totally indiscriminate on what gets caught.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Along with the panny 25mm 1.7 this lens has got to be the best buy in m43. They often go used for less than AUS$100 on ebay and you can even pick up a new one for <$170 when ebay is discounting. Mine cost me AUS$59 :)

f6.3 seems to be the sweet spot

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Water Dragon Breeding Colour (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Water Dragon Breeding Colour (2) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Along with the panny 25mm 1.7 this lens has got to be the best buy in m43. They often go used for less than AUS$100 on ebay and you can even pick up a new one for <$170 when ebay is discounting. Mine cost me AUS$59 :)

f6.3 seems to be the sweet spot

View attachment 802401Water Dragon Breeding Colour (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

View attachment 802402Water Dragon Breeding Colour (2) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
Nice lizard shot.
What lens is it? as I cant see the exif data

JayZay87

Mu-43 Regular
Rough-skinned newt, found on San Juan Island, WA.
(Taken with EM1 and 300mm Pro)

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen

amp

Mu-43 Veteran

amp

Mu-43 Veteran

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
A young five-lined skink (from August, 2017).

moonraker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Rescued a small (smooth, I think) newt from the swimming pool (first time had one of these), first one focus stacked with Helicon. About 10cm long.

poetsie

Mu-43 Regular
Lacerta agilis

Darmok N Jalad

Mu-43 Veteran

Real Name
Ken
Back
yard friends

scottv

Mu-43 Rookie

A little late but just saw this. Cooking will remove the lizard from the sticky trap. A little bit of oil and you work it slowly in on the glue where it's touching the skin and they will come off unharmed.

scottv

Mu-43 Rookie
A little late but just saw this. Cooking will remove the lizard from the sticky trap. A little bit of oil and you work it slowly in on the glue where it's touching the skin and they will come off unharmed.
Sorry. "cooking oil", not cooking although I'm sure that would remove the lizard too

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom