LiveComp Confusion and Questions

AaronE

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have a livecomp question. I am shooting with a Pen-f. How do I adjust f-stop and shutter speed while in LiveComp mode? I have had limited luck with using LiveComp. My images are either way over or under exposed. I have had some luck but it appears to be just that luck. I mostly want to use it for landscapes with moving clouds or rivers see examples of my successes with LiveComp below. I have a 4 day vacation coming up this weekend and would like to capture some livecomp type images.

thanks,

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
According to my E-M5.3 manual, after you set the dial to B, you select Live Comp and then the various settings you want for it:

2) Select [LIVE COMP].
At default settings, the selection is made with the rear dial.

3) Press the MENU button.
The [Composite Settings] menu will be displayed.

This Composite Settings menu is where you choose the exposure time for each image

4) Highlight an exposure time using arrows on the arrow
pad.
> Choose an exposure time of from 1/2 to 60 s.
> Press OK to set it

To get out, press Menu repeatedly

Finally, set your aperture the way you normally do (default is via front dial).

Then press shutter all the way down to start and end it.

Noeppel

Mu-43 Rookie
I go to M first, set up my exposure and then change to Live Composite. As described in the post before, the exposure time for LC has to be set in the menu for LC. There, enter the time you got from the metering in the manual mode.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom