Live View Problems on an E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BaldEgo, Nov 21, 2013.

1. BaldEgo

BaldEgo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2013
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I seem to have an interesting problem with my E-M5 that just started happening a few days ago. After switching the EVF off and then back on, I now can only get LIve View to work in SCN and video record modes. I can't seem to get LIve View to work in S,P, M, IAUTO or ART modes. It's very strange because since I bought the camera last June I've turned the EVF off and on countless times and never have had this issue occur before. I tried doing a soft reset but the problems still persists. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. BaldEgo

BaldEgo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2013
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Ann addendum to my original post: In S,P, M, IAUTO or ART modes, the LCD displays a screen with the horizontal and vertical level indicators. Pressing the "info" takes you to a blank screen or the SCP screen.

3. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Press the button on the RHS of the view finder hump, it toggles live view modes.

Paul

4. BaldEgo

BaldEgo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2013
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Brilliant, Paul! I thought the button just switched the EVF from Auto to Manual. Anyway, it did the trick. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.