1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Live View Diopter correction

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Trankster, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Trankster

Trankster Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2013
    Irvine, CA
    Michael
    For those who need reading glasses to see close up, have you found a solution for using the Live View screen? I have adjusted the diopter on the viewfinder, but there are times I want to use Live View and preferably without reading glasses. I am interested in what others are doing, I can't be the only one with this need. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have not heard of any camera having any "diopter" correction for the rear screen. I would say you will probably need to use your glasses. You could try one of the add-on viewfinders used for video shooting, some of them have diopter adjustment{see picture below}. Maybe you can find one of those flat magnifier sheets and attach it over the screen??? As someone with vision problems I can sympathize but I just don't think a screen itself will adjust that way.

[​IMG]

3. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Using reading glasses seems to be most cost and size effective and efficient solution - but a good alternative (Not LCD Hoods as above) would be appreciated!

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Chances are that reading glases will be the start of your optical correction career and you'll graduate to multi-focal lenses at some point. This means you'll be wearing glasses all day and then things get simpler - you adjust the diopter on the EVF for your distance sight (which probably means zero correction since your glasses will be doing the corrction for you) and the "add power" on the bottom of your vari-focals will give you good near vision for the rear screen.

You could consider getting some vari-focals now with zero or minimal long vision correction.

5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Been wearing glasses (for distance and reading) for 20+ years. they are always on but looking into the EVF VF-4 I can't see all of the image with my eyeglasses. My Sister provided me an inexpensIve and very convenient solution. A necklace which attaches to the frames of my glasses so that I can quickly remove the glasses and they hang around my neck for quick and easy on and off. They look very masculine and are well made (She's into arts and crafts). I realize this is not a solution to your problem but it is an inexpensive work-around until you decide which direction you will take. Good Luck!

6. degrub1

degrub1 New to Mu-43

Apr 12, 2014
    cable type earpieces can work as well, just flip up the glasses on to your forehead. i have also seen people use Hoodman loupes or similar, but it is expensive.

Frank