1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Live Highlight Blinkies: Which Pana cameras have them?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brianb032, Oct 17, 2012.

1. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    I was just wondering if anyone with experience using the newer Panasonic cameras knows which models have live highlight and/or shadow blinkies while shooting stills. I'm currently eyeballing a GX1, but one thing I've found invaluable while shooting with the E-P3 and the OM-D is the live shadow/highlight feedback. (Beats chimping or reading histograms IMO.)

I just pulled out my GH2 a couple days ago and I could get the highlight feedback to blink while shooting video, but what about stills? Maybe I overlooked it. I couldn't find it on an older G3 either, so are there any models that have the feature at all?

2. JoeV

JoeV Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    Joe Van Cleave
    This feature (the highlight blinkie) goes all the way back to the original G1. The new G5 has the highlight blinkie also. Since I haven't owned any of the models in between the G1 and G5, I can only presume the remainder of the Lumix m-4/3 bodies have this feature as well. But you should check Panasonic's website to be sure.

~Joe

3. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    Hmm . . . I might have completely missed it then. I always thought they were only available for previews after a picture has been taken and not during live-view. Today I tried digging around in a G2 and I still couldn't find the live highlight features. I guess it's time to dust off the boxes and pull out those annoying manuals again.

4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
  5. JoeV

JoeV Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    Joe Van Cleave
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, the Panasonic blinkies I'm familiar with is in playback.

~Joe