1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Live from NEW YORK its...a new m-4/3 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jthem, Mar 21, 2013.

1. jthem

jthem New to Mu-43

Mar 20, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    John T
    Hi all,
    Just stepped into the dugout in the last week with an E-PM1, after a long stint with DSLR. I'm loving the "point and shoot" feel with all of the features and lenses of the big toys- the only thing I'd change is a view finder but, we can make due.

I'm interested in finally learning what I set out to do many years ago - learn the in's and out's of my piece, processing (how to, reasons for doing so).

Aside from general family/vacation/scenes/ancient architecture (in Greece), motorsports is my thing. I know that this camera may not be the ideal camera (one would think) to shoot Top Fuel Dragsters huring down the track at 300+MPH, but I've had some success with a little point and shoot, and I plan on doing the same with this baby - of course with a 40-150mm lens (nudge nudge).

looking forward, :drinks:
    John

2. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Hey John,

I used to race on LI, the track at Freeport by the water tower.

Also E-Town and NJ. Enjoy the camera!

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome, John!

Smart move to get ahead of the curve by downsizing your camera body before the mayor makes the large cameras illegal...:biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing the dragster photos!

Regards,

Jim

4. jthem

jthem New to Mu-43

Mar 20, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    John T
    digitalandfilm - That track in Freeport was probably just a year or 2 before my time, but I'd go out to the Hamptons and E-Town ALL the time- Hamptons track closed in 2004, but Englishtown is still going strong as is Island Dragway. Riverhead raceway is of course still alive and well.

Fmrvette- Good one! Can't wait to take some fast action shots with this thing!.

I'll likely end up in Greece before I have a chance to get to the track - which will end up leading to a future topic of discussion and my current dilemma: What lens do I buy first?!