Live Canon adapter for m43

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by merosen, Jul 25, 2012.

1. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting - wonder what the price will be.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    It's unclear from the poorly translated product description, but it appears that this allows you to control the aperture ("iris") of the EF lenses. It doesn't say anything about autofocus, so I assume that you still have to focus on your own. It appears to be functionally similar to, but more elegant than, the Red Rock Micro adapter.

4. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

WHOA!!

That adapter is $545, JUST TO USE CANON LENS!!! and it needs power. Listen, if thats the case, i can just get a canon rebel or something along those lines but cmon, take it easy on my wallet. Lets see what Kipon comes in at, there are some affordable lenses that i would get from Canon or Sigma that i would mount but not for 545.

5. christian

christian New to Mu-43

Jul 22, 2012
    Yah definitely not worth it.

6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    To be fair, that Red Rock Micro adapter is really geared (and marketed) more toward users of :43: mount video cameras like the US$5,000 Panasonic AF100 than the :43: cameras we're more familiar with.

7. smartwombat

smartwombat Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    An interesting use of the word "released" as you can't buy one yet ;)

8. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Quick update on this adapter: Kenko confirmed (via 43rumors) that this adapter will not allow autofocus with Canon EF lenses, but it seems there is the possibility that MF-assist functionality will be supported.

9. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    If it's cheap enough, it might be useful, I suppose. But if I'm going to be using a legacy EOS lens, it's probably a telephoto, which will negate most of the size advantage of m43. So I'll probably just use it on an EOS body.
    Although I suppose having a 400mm f/2.8 equivalent would be handy on occasion.