Littlehampton Pier in HDR

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Well seeing as it was a decent day today weatherwise i finally got out to take a few shots. Ive not been having much luck so far with HDR but i think the practice is pushing me in the right direction.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_stringer/4412229612/" title="Littlehampton Pier by Dave Stringer, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="784" alt="Littlehampton Pier" /></a>

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Littlehampton Pier

David.....I like it.

You look at it and you know it is HDR, but it's not garish or overdone. It has a fanciful feel to it. Like I said.....nice.

Care to share any details? ....# of exposures, tripod or handheld, Photomatix or PS?

Regards......R

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
I always forget those little details hehe.
GF1 with 20mm pancake, ISO 100, f16, 7 exposure autobracket handheld and processed in Photomatix and then levels adjustment in Photoshop CS4.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Love the effect on thep ier but the top part of the sky looks a little overcooked for my taste. It would crop nicely as a 16:9 though. :smile:

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Cool picture. But i'm not sure what HDR acutually is? I can tell from the picture that it must be something to do with the contrast and maybe something to do with the sharpness? Whatever it is, i would love to give it a go.

iconindustries

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks David for this top HDR shot, very impressive. I will take a look into HDR.
I look forward to more HDR shots from you.

Have a nice day.
Kind regards, Herman

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Cool picture. But i'm not sure what HDR acutually is? I can tell from the picture that it must be something to do with the contrast and maybe something to do with the sharpness? Whatever it is, i would love to give it a go.

iconindustries
If you want to give it a try this is where i got all my information from and it has a pretty good free tutorial.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/

David Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Love the effect on thep ier but the top part of the sky looks a little overcooked for my taste. It would crop nicely as a 16:9 though. :smile:
I know what you mean about the top, also the blurry people obviously from the 7 exposures, i'm going to try again at some point to correct both these issues and then it may end up in my hallway.

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Lovely shot David and the HDR effect looks good but not overdone.

I love the leading line of the pier with the stopping points along the way and the subtle yet evident rays of the sunthrough the clouds are great.

A lovely and well created image.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
David, great shot - as someone noted, the sky could do with being a little lighter... why did you choose f16 and what were you focused on?

Cheers

Brian

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom