Little Grey Dozes

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Lili, May 29, 2010.

1. Lili

Lili Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    [​IMG]
    E-PL1, 17mm, ISO 1600

• Like Like x 8
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey Lili that is beautiful. I'm a cat lover myself and you've done well to give a relaxed calm feel for the viewer.

What kind of breed is your cat? What is it's name?

I hope it's ok, i would really love to post a pic of my beautiful Persian manx who has been my companion for years. I got her when i was was 12 and she's been always here. Now i'm nearly 21 so she's been here for a major part of my life.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/4649181695/" title="P1030769-Edit by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="866" alt="P1030769-Edit" /></a>

Thanks,

icon

• Like Like x 8
  3. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I really like this image. Thanks for posting.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Lili, this portrait of Little Grey dozing is really nicely done. Filling the frame with his/her head and choosing to focus in on what you did has worked out really well. Love the detail!

Icon, I didn't know you were a cat lover? I could have used your backup when I was posting in the PAD!:wink: Your manx looks so sweet and the cut out behind her looks as though it might be a heart.

We now have one dog and three cats - used to be the other way around... Cats are wonderful for portraits.

5. Lili

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks Icon! He is rescued stray, Russian Blue by the look, his name is Little Grey cat. Your Kitty is gorgeous, whats her name?

6. Lili

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks Richard!

7. Lili

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX

Thanks BBW! He is seldom still for long, usually he is manic playing kitty!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey sorry Lili. Must have missed you post. We've had quite a few family cats in the past and we started with names associated with the sky like , Sunset, Twilight, Cotton (i think that was something to do with the clouds!), Star and Sky. My own cat i've named Twinkle to keep up with the tradition. The other 2 cats that we have now somehow missed the proper naming ceremony and are dubbed the 'Shed Cat' (it hangs around us as we work in our mechanical repair environment not fazed by loud noises and moving machinery at all.) and the other cat is Kitty.

Out of all the cats we have had, the 'Shed Cat' is the most strange and weirdest out of them all. All i can say if a person behaved in the same way he would be placed in a mental ward or Funny Farm!:smile: