Little Girl With Her Friend

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Rick Waldroup, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Little Girl With Her Friend - Granbury, Texas - March 6, 2012

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Has an old school feel to it. Nice.

3. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the comment.

The photo was shot with a Lumix GF-1 and a 25mm Holga lens.

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I really like the old skool feel as well. The grain works in nicely in this regard.

Did you use a holga lens or is this all done with pp?

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga!

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    To each his own, but I really don't get the whole Holga thing. I spent a couple of thousand dollars on a camera with a really excellent sensor, and sharp, contrasty lenses. I don't want to take pictures that look like the ones I took with my $10 box camera in 1964.

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Meyer the reason It looks great to me is because we don't see this anymore. Not that i ever did anyway (I'm too young;-) But it's different

8. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Like Gary said :biggrin:......It was shot with an $18.00 plastic Holga lens.

After that, very little PP work was done on it- just basic cropping, dodging, and burning.

9. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    In the end, money is irrelevant as to how a photographer shoots and as to what they shoot.

I've shot just about every kind of camera you can think of over many years. A lot of them were very expensive. So what?

At the end of the day, it is the image that matters and the emotion that it elicits from the viewer.

I find that I do not shoot with my Holga lens nor my pinhole cap lens very much. It is a look that can become very cliche' very quickly. But for certain subjects at certain times, well, it just seems to fit the bill.

I want to thank everyone for their comments.

10. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    The message is not the medium.

11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Pinhole, Holga, LensBaby, Fisheye, are one trick ponies, to be used sparingly otherwise, it is more of the same.

G