1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Little Girl With Her Friend

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Rick Waldroup, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Little Girl With Her Friend - Granbury, Texas - March 6, 2012

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Has an old school feel to it. Nice.

3. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the comment.

The photo was shot with a Lumix GF-1 and a 25mm Holga lens.

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I really like the old skool feel as well. The grain works in nicely in this regard.

Did you use a holga lens or is this all done with pp?

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga, Holga!

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    To each his own, but I really don't get the whole Holga thing. I spent a couple of thousand dollars on a camera with a really excellent sensor, and sharp, contrasty lenses. I don't want to take pictures that look like the ones I took with my $10 box camera in 1964.

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Meyer the reason It looks great to me is because we don't see this anymore. Not that i ever did anyway (I'm too young;-) But it's different

8. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Like Gary said :biggrin:......It was shot with an $18.00 plastic Holga lens.

After that, very little PP work was done on it- just basic cropping, dodging, and burning.

9. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    In the end, money is irrelevant as to how a photographer shoots and as to what they shoot.

I've shot just about every kind of camera you can think of over many years. A lot of them were very expensive. So what?

At the end of the day, it is the image that matters and the emotion that it elicits from the viewer.

I find that I do not shoot with my Holga lens nor my pinhole cap lens very much. It is a look that can become very cliche' very quickly. But for certain subjects at certain times, well, it just seems to fit the bill.

I want to thank everyone for their comments.

10. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    The message is not the medium.

11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Pinhole, Holga, LensBaby, Fisheye, are one trick ponies, to be used sparingly otherwise, it is more of the same.

G