Little Girl on Bus

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I took this photo yesterday. There are always ample opportunities to photograph little children and babies on the chicken buses (old school buses) that everyone travels around in. Generally children are standing up on the seat close to the window or looking back over top of the seat. I've gotten some really good shots with the nice lighting provided.

I was fortunate yesterday because this little girl eventually sat down near the edge of the seat and peeked around the corner. When I was in Costa Rica, I had taken a couple of photos with children doing this - and so I knew it worked.

I just had to be patient as typical of children - their attention span is short and so she moved very quickly in and put of view or looking forward. I managed a few shots with her face partially blocked and then patience paid off with this image.

Photo taken with Olympus E-PL5 w/ 14-42mm @ 37mm kit lens - f5.3 @ 1/60'th : 3200 ISO

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Great capture!
    • Like Like x 1