Little Bay Sunrise (Sydney)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 29, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Little Bay is a small beach in Sydney made famous in 1969 when some artists named Christo and and his wife Jeanne-Claude wrapped it up in 1 million square feet of synthetic fabric. The fabric is long gone and Christo is still wrapping stuff up (Jeanne-Claude died last year).

Better than being wrapped in plastic, this is what you can do with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens. All shots at 9mm, quick and dirty JPEGs with minimal processing. This morning I shot bracketed exposure and RAW and will be having a play around with the more challenging ones later to get the overall tone right (never done that before).

It was a great morning.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Wow! Nuff said Peter.
    Seems like we all have our own thing, eh mate.
  3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
  4. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I will be interested in how you got the tone right as it is now!
  5. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    really beautiful shots, thanks
  6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    great stuff there.......
  7. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    As usual, your coastal shots are incredible. I grew up on the New England coast here in the states, and when I see your coastal photos it takes me back to that time. They are also a great endorsement for the Oly MZ 9-18, at least when used by a competent shooter!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Those ones are pretty good. I do have some shockers.

Not too sure about competent - I fluke the occassional shot and I am starting to get a better eye for composition and when nature rewards by making it easy.

I do like the lens very much - a good buy and well worth the wait to get.

Whenever I use it, I do this... :biggrin: ... as it still isn't being sold locally. Olympus Oz now put the TBA as June. I assume they have held it up for the PMA Digital Imaging event in Melbourne next week. I wish I could be there to chat with the cute girls from Olympus. Last year Olympus had the most welcoming stand in the Sydney PMA.
  9. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I have to say these are quite beautiful, the colour and composition exceptional.
  10. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium