Little Bay Sunrise (Sydney)

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Little Bay is a small beach in Sydney made famous in 1969 when some artists named Christo and and his wife Jeanne-Claude wrapped it up in 1 million square feet of synthetic fabric. The fabric is long gone and Christo is still wrapping stuff up (Jeanne-Claude died last year).

Better than being wrapped in plastic, this is what you can do with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens. All shots at 9mm, quick and dirty JPEGs with minimal processing. This morning I shot bracketed exposure and RAW and will be having a play around with the more challenging ones later to get the overall tone right (never done that before).

It was a great morning.

Cheers

PeterB666

Attachments

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
As usual, your coastal shots are incredible. I grew up on the New England coast here in the states, and when I see your coastal photos it takes me back to that time. They are also a great endorsement for the Oly MZ 9-18, at least when used by a competent shooter!

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I will be interested in how you got the tone right as it is now!
Those ones are pretty good. I do have some shockers.

As usual, your coastal shots are incredible. I grew up on the New England coast here in the states, and when I see your coastal photos it takes me back to that time. They are also a great endorsement for the Oly MZ 9-18, at least when used by a competent shooter!
Not too sure about competent - I fluke the occassional shot and I am starting to get a better eye for composition and when nature rewards by making it easy.

I do like the lens very much - a good buy and well worth the wait to get.

Whenever I use it, I do this... :biggrin: ... as it still isn't being sold locally. Olympus Oz now put the TBA as June. I assume they have held it up for the PMA Digital Imaging event in Melbourne next week. I wish I could be there to chat with the cute girls from Olympus. Last year Olympus had the most welcoming stand in the Sydney PMA.

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have to say these are quite beautiful, the colour and composition exceptional.
Little Bay is a small beach in Sydney made famous in 1969 when some artists named Christo and and his wife Jeanne-Claude wrapped it up in 1 million square feet of synthetic fabric. The fabric is long gone and Christo is still wrapping stuff up (Jeanne-Claude died last year).

Better than being wrapped in plastic, this is what you can do with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens. All shots at 9mm, quick and dirty JPEGs with minimal processing. This morning I shot bracketed exposure and RAW and will be having a play around with the more challenging ones later to get the overall tone right (never done that before).

It was a great morning.

Cheers

PeterB666

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom