1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lithium battery posting/travelling issues..

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Rockinggoose, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    It is spelt out quite clearly on the RM website:

CS - HSB046 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Within the UK Li-ion are completely prohibited for personal customers and restricted for business

CS - Business - HSB046 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Internationally they can be sent if contained in equipment

CS - HSB086 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods international - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Above refers to personal customers but it is similar for business users

CS - Business - HSB087 - Tell me about Restricted Goods - Sending other countries - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    interesting development, i hope it doesn't bother us mortals when travelling.

thank you dreamliner?

4. Arminius

Arminius  

Jul 12, 2012
    Germany and England
    Johannes
    Oh dear!

Hmmm, begs the question; What about the spare battery in my camera bag when I fly abroad?

:confused:

5. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    As far as I recall, it has been this way with flying for some time now, at least here in the US.Llithium batteries are prohibited from being left in your check-in bag unless inside equipment (e.g. Phone or camera) but that you can keep them (i.e. spares) in your carry on luggage. Good thing I have no plans of visiting UK anytime soon. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. outbackphotogeek

outbackphotogeek New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2013
    Australia post won't take them either, and it's been that way for quite some time.

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    This stupid nuisance is going on already here in AUSTRALIA. AUSPOST will not ship lithium batteries by air .Interestingly I can import anything with lithium battries from outside AUSTRALiA by air . I dont know which moron excecutive have come up with this idea .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never knew that... I had a pelican complete with spares and never had a problem. I will have to make sure spares are checked in luggage to avoid any issues.

9. Arminius

Arminius  

Jul 12, 2012
    Germany and England
    Johannes
    A classic case of dim-witted beaurocrats getting a small bit of information and then jointly knee-jerk over-reacting!

We have the same thing in Zoology many times, an ill-informed person tells a minister for health that the dangerous 12 are all to be found in the Buthid Order, and the idiot blanket bans all others therein!

Idiots!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Exactly my thoughts .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

11. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was surprised to find this out myself when I travelled to Buffalo fall of last year. I'm sure 95% of the time the small lithium batts won't get flagged but better not be hassled by it, right?