1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lithium battery posting/travelling issues..

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Rockinggoose, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    It is spelt out quite clearly on the RM website:

CS - HSB046 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Within the UK Li-ion are completely prohibited for personal customers and restricted for business

CS - Business - HSB046 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Internationally they can be sent if contained in equipment

CS - HSB086 - Tell me about Prohibited Goods international - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

Above refers to personal customers but it is similar for business users

CS - Business - HSB087 - Tell me about Restricted Goods - Sending other countries - 3rd DC | Royal Mail Ltd

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    interesting development, i hope it doesn't bother us mortals when travelling.

thank you dreamliner?

4. Arminius

Arminius  

Jul 12, 2012
    Germany and England
    Johannes
    Oh dear!

Hmmm, begs the question; What about the spare battery in my camera bag when I fly abroad?

:confused: 

5. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    As far as I recall, it has been this way with flying for some time now, at least here in the US.Llithium batteries are prohibited from being left in your check-in bag unless inside equipment (e.g. Phone or camera) but that you can keep them (i.e. spares) in your carry on luggage. Good thing I have no plans of visiting UK anytime soon. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  6. outbackphotogeek

outbackphotogeek New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2013
    Australia post won't take them either, and it's been that way for quite some time.

7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hi
    This stupid nuisance is going on already here in AUSTRALIA. AUSPOST will not ship lithium batteries by air .Interestingly I can import anything with lithium battries from outside AUSTRALiA by air . I dont know which moron excecutive have come up with this idea .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. I never knew that... I had a pelican complete with spares and never had a problem. I will have to make sure spares are checked in luggage to avoid any issues.

9. Arminius

Arminius  

Jul 12, 2012
    Germany and England
    Johannes
    A classic case of dim-witted beaurocrats getting a small bit of information and then jointly knee-jerk over-reacting!

We have the same thing in Zoology many times, an ill-informed person tells a minister for health that the dangerous 12 are all to be found in the Buthid Order, and the idiot blanket bans all others therein!

Idiots!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Exactly my thoughts .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

11. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was surprised to find this out myself when I travelled to Buffalo fall of last year. I'm sure 95% of the time the small lithium batts won't get flagged but better not be hassled by it, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.