1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Listen to the Music!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by RevBob, Aug 24, 2012.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    These are concert shots taken at the Wild Goose Festival at Shikori Hills in North Carolina. All were shot with the E-P3 and Oly 45mm. The concerts were awesome - the crowd was a little over 1000 people, the venue was outdoors and yet the artists acted as if they were in someone's livingroom having fun and making good music.

Jennifer Knapp
    [​IMG]

MRDK-0290.

[​IMG]

I kind of like the look of this one - it really didn't work in color
    MRDK-0263.

Phil Madeira
    MRDK-0309.

MRDK-0301.

MRDK-0300.

• Like Like x 1
  2. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Looks like a great time. I've never tried concert photography but it does not look easy. The contrasty lighting must be difficult. The inability to anticipate where the musicians are moving must also be a challenge. Nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TDP

TDP Guest

Oh RevBob I like the Sepia one a lot.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Beautiful BOb
    love them

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Thanks Folks!

The lighting was tough, especially the various colors of light. I was fortunate at this concert to be able to walk right up to the stage and shoot kneeling on the ground. Because I wasn't using flash no one objected or even seemed to notice. I tend to shoot mostly in aperture priority, the E-P3 is a sweet camera to work with and I learned here on the forum to program focus to a seperate button from exposure (that really helped with the lighting!) :cool:

6. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Very nice photos!. I've got to get me one of those Olympus lenses.
    I notice you dial in -2-3 exp comp. How do you decide to do that? :confused:
    Thanks.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I was up very close to the performers and the stage lights were extremely bright. A quick test shot showed badly blown highlights so I dialed exposure back (top position of the wheel on the E-P3). I could have changed the aperture but the exp. comp seems to give me more immediate feedback on the LCD.

• Like Like x 2