Listen to an experienced photographer parting with some great wisdom....

Real Name
Siegfried
Not that this forum need any help to enjoy the MFT format....it is still great see somebody using both formats talking about the merits of both..... I get so tired listening to the bigger is better wow factor crowd...

Last edited:

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wayne
How many times have we heard the same kind of response from full frame shooters when they try MFT. To me it really boils down to the tye of shooting you really do. The cost and weight benefits outweigh the two advantages the full frame bodies bring to the table.

The depth of field argument falls short to me, and the low light performance advantages of full frame bodies only really shows itself if you are in really low light conditions. As the MFT bodies keep evolving and firmware gets better these full frame advantages become less and less relevant. IMHO.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
. . .
The depth of field argument falls short to me . . .
HA, let me reverse the common DoF argument, to our benefit.
I have a client that want opposite. They want LOTS of DoF. 3 feet to infinity is just fine.
This is the school yearbook. If there is a face in the pic, they want to SEE the face, not a blurr.
It is about seeing and remembering as many of their classmates as possible. Because, simple stats, most of the students will not be in any other pic other than their class portrait pics.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom