List of m/4 lens adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zerotiu, Oct 9, 2011.

1. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Hi! Previously I've asked this to our SuperMod (Luckypenguin). My uncle gave me a few old lenses.. yashica, voigtlander and etc. I don't know the mount name so it is difficult for me to search the adapter. So I want to know what kinds of adapter for m4/3 camera.

So this is the answer :

Canon FD
    Canon EF
    Olympus OM
    Olympus Pen F
    Olympus/Panasonic 4/3
    M39 (LTM)
    Pentax K
    Pentax 110
    Nikon F
    Konica AR
    Minolta MD
    Leica M
    C mount (Cine)

maybe you can add another type to complete this list :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There's also Leica R.
  3. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    If the lens exists, there's probably an adapter. No real point in making an arbitrary list. Rather, take some photos of the lenses, and we can help you decide whether they are worth buying a mount for. There is definitely a way to make any lens work on your camera; the question is whether it's realistic. If it's a medium or large format lens, for example, you probably don't want to bother with the bulk. It would be better to sell the lenses off to pay for something better suited. I'd say that rangefinder lenses are smaller, and thus better adapted. Leica M mount is probably the premier mount to look at, but they have EXPENSIVE lenses (which you'd expect, considering that their current camera is $9,000).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maybe a better list would be: Adapters for m4/3 that don't exist for NEX or other cameras with longer flange lengths (where we could get more bang due to lower demand). Or mark your list somehow. I dunno, just a thought.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    woo complete lists :D nice..thanks!