Linux Link

PerryM

New to Mu-43
Hi y'all
Enjoying playing with my new GH3, which joins the G3 I've had for a couple of years.

I'd like to try Lumux Link but Google Play says my cheap Android Tablet is incompatible even though it is running 4.2 and is pretty fast for most apps. It does allow me to install the Panasonic 'Image App' but not 'Lumux Link'. It IS missing a GPS function, so could that be the reason? I've had this problem with other apps and sometimes got around it by doing a 'sideways load' (it is Rooted) but that requires an installation file and Panasonic seem to restrict the availibility to the Google Play Store.
Any more information or suggestions gratefully received.
cheers from the UK

lemmy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Thorpe
It's the Lumix Link you want for the GH3, not the Image App which is for the GX7 and susequent cameras.

As far as I've seen, Lumix link and Image App run on iOS and Android. There's no Windows or Linux (or Mac) derivative.

PerryM

New to Mu-43
whoops - silly fopar! I've changed the text but how do I change the title?

PerryM

New to Mu-43
Hi y'all
Enjoying playing with my new GH3, which joins the G3 I've had for a couple of years.

I'd like to try Lumux Link but Google Play says my cheap Android Tablet is incompatible even though it is running 4.2 and is pretty fast for most apps. It does allow me to install the Panasonic 'Image App' but not 'Lumux Link'. It IS missing a GPS function, so could that be the reason? I've had this problem with other apps and sometimes got around it by doing a 'sideways load' (it is Rooted) but that requires an installation file and Panasonic seem to restrict the availibility to the Google Play Store.
Any more information or suggestions gratefully received.
cheers from the UK
Well - to answer my own question, the answer was to use pps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ which enables me to download the Lumix Link installer and it now works. It is pretty clunky but better than nothing!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom