1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Linux Link

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by PerryM, Mar 23, 2014.

1. PerryM

PerryM New to Mu-43

Mar 23, 2014
    Hi y'all
    Enjoying playing with my new GH3, which joins the G3 I've had for a couple of years.

I'd like to try Lumux Link but Google Play says my cheap Android Tablet is incompatible even though it is running 4.2 and is pretty fast for most apps. It does allow me to install the Panasonic 'Image App' but not 'Lumux Link'. It IS missing a GPS function, so could that be the reason? I've had this problem with other apps and sometimes got around it by doing a 'sideways load' (it is Rooted) but that requires an installation file and Panasonic seem to restrict the availibility to the Google Play Store.
    Any more information or suggestions gratefully received.
    cheers from the UK

2. lemmy

lemmy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2013
    London, England
    David Thorpe
    It's the Lumix Link you want for the GH3, not the Image App which is for the GX7 and susequent cameras.

As far as I've seen, Lumix link and Image App run on iOS and Android. There's no Windows or Linux (or Mac) derivative.

3. PerryM

PerryM New to Mu-43

Mar 23, 2014
    whoops - silly fopar! I've changed the text but how do I change the title?

4. PerryM

PerryM New to Mu-43

Mar 23, 2014
    Well - to answer my own question, the answer was to use pps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ which enables me to download the Lumix Link installer and it now works. It is pretty clunky but better than nothing!