1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Links to affiliates

Discussion in 'Site information' started by relic, Sep 21, 2016.

1. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    For some reason, I can no longer find the links to the affiliates (Amazon, B&H, etc.) Apologies if they are there and I should be able to find them. Another point: I have always assumed that one need not be logged onto this website to use those links: is that correct? Many thanks!

2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    They are now permalinked (to this thread) below the facebook like button on the home page.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Here they are: Help us out and go ad-free by shopping B&H, Amazon, Adorama, Ebay, or Olympus using our links

You're correct that being logged in is not necessary to use those links.

Please don't forget to change your options to show that you used our links (see the linked post). That way you will have an "Affiliate Patron" banner under your "Subscribing Member" banner, both of which help to spread the word about supporting the site. And if you every stop subscribing, the Affiliate Patron status will keep the site ad free for you.

Thanks!

4. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    Many thanks, Amin!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    I know I'm being dumb: I think not too long ago there was an icon at the top that links to the affiliates list. I no long see it, nor can I find a way to get to the list. I searched for "affiliates" and got here, and the link above to "Help us out and go add-free ..." no longer seems to work. So I don't know how to get to the affiliates links and would appreciate a pointer.

Another matter for what it's worth: in the past, when I am not logged in, I used to get a notice asking me to turn off ad blocker even as I had it already turned on, other times I'd see the ads. Now consistently (again not logged on) I only see the word "Advertisement" but no actual ads. I am using Windows 7 and Firefox.

Many thanks, Amin, for the wonderful forum and all the effort that goes into keeping it going and improving and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thank you very much, @relic@relic . The link to our affiliate links page is now a little shopping bag icon in the top right side of the page that looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 8.00.53 AM.

Here is the page: Affiliate Links | Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group

Regarding the ad issue, I am not sure what is going on. We don't have an ad blocker notice anymore, but you should see ads if you are not logged in unless you have an adblocker on.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well! Thanks again, Amin

7. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    Many thanks, Amin, for your super fast reply on Thanksgiving day! Thanks for the link, very helpful (I'll bookmark it). For what it's worth, the shopping bag icon does not appear on my screen and none of the other colored icons that I remember seeing in the past are there now. The only icon that I see is the quick navigation icon.

Edit: A million apologies: I was blind! I was not looking above the buttons line below the icons. All the icons are there. Sorry!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1