1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Link to Nik Presets and Recipes

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by MrPhotoBob, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
  2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Thanks first page works but how to get to the following pages.

3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    In the middle of the page on the right side, there is a link to download all 90 presets and recipes. It says (Download all 90), just above and to the right of the little thumbnails on this site. You do not need to go to another site in order to download them. Some of the other pages in the archive seem to not work, but you can get the presets and recipes and the actual software if you wish to download the software that Nik had on their site if you wish to use just what you purchased from Nik.

4. hidefguy

hidefguy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2010
    Thank You!!!

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for the link....great find!

In looking at the "old" Nik site I found references to User Guides or Quick Start Guides for all six of the apps. Unfortunately the links to these documents are no longer working via the Internet Archive (or at the original URLs). I've looked at the new Google Nik site and haven't been able to find these types of documents. There's lots of on-line info, webinars, video training and the education blog, but I'm not seeing anything that one would describe as a manual, user guide or even quick start guide.

Any chance anyone can point me to somewhere that I can find something like this for the Nik plug-ins? I'm interested primarily in Silver Efex and Color Efex, but would welcome this type of info for any of the products.

6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
  7. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for the links, Les. Your Google foo is stronger than mine. :thumbup:

8. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Hehe,

I just realised, I downloaded all the manuals ages ago from the Nik site. They are a mixture of current & previous versions, Quick Start & User Guides. I'll zip them up to dropbox, and when they've finished uploading (slow upload DSL link :mad: ), I'll come back and put a link to the zip.

9. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    That'd be wonderful! Thank you so much for doing this for all of us :smile:.

10. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
  11. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    My pleasure, hope they are useful.

12. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Thanks for this.

Tapatalk.

13. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
  14. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    BTW, this is a very good, recent, video introduction to all tools in the Nik suite, 1 hour in length
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikVjBnpTRQ]Introduction to the Nik Complete Collection - YouTube[/ame]

15. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Good to see more help like this. The "help" link inside the programs seem to just take me to a page trying to sell me Nik plugins. :/

16. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    I watched that this weekend, and that is part of what convinced me to buy the suite. Lots of powerful, but simple to use tools.

17. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Yes there are some brilliant videos on Nik software. I was amazed at the quantity on both their website and YouTube channel NikSoftwareLessons - YouTube

18. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Thanks for the manuals and the link to the youtubes videos.

I might have a dumb question, are the presets for NIK or for Lightroom?

19. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    They are for the Nik apps - Presets for SFX & Recipes for CFX.