1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Limiting 23-Area Focus of GF-1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by st3v4nt, Jan 15, 2012.

1. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Hi guys is there a way in GF-1 to limit part of 23-Area focusing being used by camera, I knew the G2 could do it (the yellow rectangle and + sign) and the other day accidentally I can activate the + sign that "looks like" limit the area focus being used by GF-1.

This is what I mean...(taken from GX-1)

screen-rec-23pf-af.

I try to activate again but I don't remember how to do it, I try to look it in manual book but not found it. So perhaps anyone could enlighten me?

Thanks

2. juju

juju Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 22, 2011
    Philippines
    the selectable AF box with + sign is activated when you set the GF1 in spot metering, direct area AF mode, not sure if that's what you mean though.

3. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Well your suggestion did make the + sign appear but what I mean is limiting the zone/group area used by the 23-Area focusing in GF-1,

in G2 and GX-1 you can reduce the group/zone area used by camera for focusing from the 23-area grid by activating the 23-area focusing icon > press and hold Q.Menu for few second > AF area displayed with white cross appear...then you can select which group / zone in 23-area focusing grid zone to be used using arrow button or dial...like PDAF cross type AF area...?

Here the option explained in GF-2 ... If Multi-area AF rather than 1-area AF is enabled, then you can select a group of 4, 5 or 6 AF points from 23 different areas, again providing some manual control over what is traditionally a rather hit and miss affair.

Here the same option implemented in LX-3 which only have 11-area focusing grid...

Screenshot2012-01-17at22552AM.
    Screenshot2012-01-17at22549AM.
    Screenshot2012-01-17at22435AM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.